Zilker is a neighborhood that shares a name with Austin’s best-known park and is known for being a part of the popular 78704 zip code. There are many reasons people choose to live in Zilker.
Why life in Zilker?
Zilker has its own funky “78704″ vibe but that’s not the only reason people love to live here. People love living in Zilker because of:
- Easy access to Downtown Austin and Whole Foods Market
- The S. Lamar Independent Business District with great food, bars and entertainment venues and services
- The ever-popular Alamo Drafthouse for movies and dinner
- All the restaurants and establishments that line Barton Springs Road
- The well-regarded Zilker Elementary School and its involved parent base
- Proximity to Zilker Park, Zilker Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail and all the activity that goes with these locations…. activities like Austin City Limits the Zilker Garden Festival, the Trail of Lights, etc.
- The variety of housing options. Zilker homes include cute bungalows, small fifties houses and condominium complexes of various shapes and sizes, in addition to new construction.
Where is Zilker?
The Zilker neighborhood is located just south of Lady Bird Lake and Zilker Park between Barton Hills and Bouldin neighborhoods. Residents are connected to Downtown Austin by the S. Lamar Blvd. bridge and by the pedestrian bridge that borders it to the east.
Zilker real estate
For all these reasons and more, Zilker real estate is highly desirable and often turns hands fairly quickly. For more information on Zilker real estate….